It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:05 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

A fórum nyelve Magyar, kivéve a külön erre a célra hozott Témákat. A fórum használata során viselkedjetek kultúráltan, tartsátok be a Netikettet, és a Magyar jog előírásait. Fogalmazzatok közérthetően, és lényegre törően. Felelősségvállalási és jogi nyilatkozat.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:34 am 
Hello, everybody,

I’m from Warsaw, Poland, and I’d like to show you my Lada Samara, a project that started almost 3 months ago. The car is being prepared to take part in amateur rallies. The person responsible for the technical side of the project is 3zer who has already shown up on this forum as he’s preparing a VFTS for himself.

My Samara is running on a 1.5 8V engine. What where the modifications?
- Dual Solex C40 carbs,
- Havassy MotorSport camshaft, valves (standard diameters) and crankshaft.
- Modified combustion chambers,
- The head 1,2 mm lower.
- Light (4 kg) flywheel plus a sports clutch,
- Camshaft wheel with regulation (Havassy MotorSport once again)
- 4-2-1 50 mm diameter russian exhaust manifold, the rest of the exhaust system 50 mm by Jano Dob,
- Oil cooler.

The car ran for the first time a few days ago so it’s hard to say what the effects of all those mods are.
The airbox you can see on the photos is taken from Citroen AX Sport – it turned out to be a great solution to the lack-of-space problem.
The rest of the car is pretty much standard. Only the shocks are modified to be more stable but the springs are standard. For the time being it seems a good compromise since this set will be used on both gravel and tarmac special stages.

On my website http://www.ladasamara.republika.pl you will find more pics. If you go there you will se pics of a 5 door Samara. This was my first one but I lost the battle with rust. There was no sense to repair & paint it so I bought another Samara with a broken engine but with the body in great condition. The only elements left from the old Lada are the engine and the suspension.
I really wonder what you think of my Samara since you have much more ‘comparative material’ in Hungary. As strange as it can seem Ladas are becoming really rare cars in Poland. And find anybody investing in Ladas tuning/sport mods is almost impossible.

The inlet manifold: on the left standard, on the right with already bigger channels.

The same with the head.

Taking out the broken 1.3 engine.

And that's how it was broken. A see-through piston...

...and the head on the same cylinder.

My 1.5 engine with 160 000 km mileage.

It didn't look good at all.

Rear anti-roll bar.

Front down suspension strut.

That's how it looks almost done.

Best regards,
Kowal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:48 am 
Lada kedvelő

Looking very nice, mate. Have you powered it up yet?
About not being a lot of lada in Poland I totally agree. I've just crossed your country on my way to Danmark this summer, and I've not seen a single lada on the way. How bad?

Last edited by dpeti on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:29 am 
The car is awaiting for the whole process of breaking the engine in. Since I won't do it on a dyno, I'll have to do quite a few kilometers before the car is ready to show its full potential.

Frankly speaking I have no idea what pefrormance we shall expect. The only ceratin thing is huge fuel consumption :lol: Once the engine beds in we'll surely go on a dyno to check the power and torque. If the power reaches 90 HP it should be, together with low weight of the car - enough to try to 'fight' with modern 1.4-1.6 engines which tend to have 90-100 HP.

Best regards,
kowal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:42 am 
Lada Baráti Kör tag

"enough to try to 'fight' with modern 1.4-1.6 engines which tend to have 90-100 HP"
This words are very good here, on the Zsiguli.hu! :wink: Congratulation!
Nice plan, nice work! Have a lot of fun with your Samara Special Edition! 8)

LBK tagi oldal : http://www.zsiguli.hu/index.php?action=tagoldal&id=63
Autó : http://www.zsiguli.hu/forum/viewtopic.p ... 306#p60306
Képtár : jelenleg szünetel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:47 pm 
Fórum tag

we - I mean the mechanics who made this engine are expecting about 110 HP. Now the engine is after pretuning. After breaking in we will check all the setup and then we will try to make an dynotest. But now, after making 1-2 km I can tell you that this engine has an enormous potential. I'm shocked how quickly is it reving up and how good responsibility for pedal movements it has.
We will see what would happen next :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:48 pm 
Fórum tag