It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

A fórum nyelve Magyar, kivéve a külön erre a célra hozott Témákat. A fórum használata során viselkedjetek kultúráltan, tartsátok be a Netikettet, és a Magyar jog előírásait. Fogalmazzatok közérthetően, és lényegre törően. Felelősségvállalási és jogi nyilatkozat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:47 am 
I'd like to ask you for some hints concerning front brakes.
As of today I have the standard which means 239 not vented discs (brembo in my case) plus Ferodo DS (from Fiat Uno Turbo, as Ferodo does not sell anything above Premier for Samara. The difference between Uno and Lada pads is small, you just have to cut a small bit of the pads, closer to the centre of the wheel).

I have managed to find calipers from Lada 11X, but from the 8V version which means still the 'poor' diameter of 239 mm, but vented. Finding calipers from 16V version (259 mm) is practically mission: impossible. At least in Poland.

My question is: do you have any experience with adapting calipers from another car? I'm thinking of using Fiat calipers since the discs will be also 4x98. The only problem is to design the part (kind of spacer/union) which will join the caliper with the wheel hub. Perhaps any of you has tried to do it and could share such a drawing? It doesn't have to be autocad format or anything of that sort. A simple handmade drawing with dimensions would me more than enough. Plus, of course, the info about what caliper goes with it.

The easiest - from the technical point of view - way of solving the problem would be to get the calipers form 11X 16V but as I wrote above it's hard to find a couple of those. Perhaps it's easier in Hungary?

Anyway, I'll be gratefull for any hints about how to imrpove the brakes in Samara. Next year I'm planning to do the conversion of rear brakes from drums to discs. But for this I have found all the info I need on Russian webpages. But the front brakes remain a problem. A change to 259 mm discs is exactly what I need. Bigger discs make no sense, especially that they would require 15" wheels and I want to stick to 14".

Best regards,
kowal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:22 am 
You can remain with 14" but switch to AP-Racing or Lukas like stuff. So as the rear brakes, it's quite a common tuning among car tuners in here Russia.. All you need is good metal turner to make an adapter :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:34 am 
Quote:
You can remain with 14" but switch to AP-Racing or Lukas like stuff. So as the rear brakes, it's quite a common tuning among car tuners in here Russia.. All you need is good metal turner to make an adapter :)
The 14" brakes as they are called on Russian tuning pages and in tuning shops are the ones that have 259 mm diameter. And that's exactly what I want to have on the front. Just need to find the right calipers. With this diameter the brand of the discs and pads won't be that important, I think.
You can of course have good braking with 239 not vented that I have now but you'd have to by top quality discs and pads. I had been once offered such discs, from Tar-Ox that - as I was said - were doing very well in some rallycross Samara. But the price for a set of those was about 350 euros. So it seems more reasonable to spend the money once on swapping into 259 mm discs and later on have good braking even when using discs and pads that don't cost a fortune.

When it comes to the rear axle: I've found everything I needed on http://www.team-rs.ru. Will just have to find sb. who will do the adapters but that's not a problem. This change will of course be followed by the installation of hydraulic hand brake and, above all, a proportioning valve to regulate the braking power between rear and front axles.

Regards,
kowal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:51 am 
Lada Baráti Kör tag

I've bought new ventilated 259mm 110 racing discs, pads and calipers from ukraine. You can install it to your Samara without any modifications there no easier way to tune your brakes. With standard discs and pads it can't be more than 200 EUR.

It looks like this (I have a 21013)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:33 am 
Have you bought them in some internet shop or somebody bought them for and brought to Hungary? If it is was an internet shop can you please give me their www address?

Take care,
kowal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:03 am 
Lada Baráti Kör tag

He is a hungarian guy living in Ukraine. I don't know if he ships to Poland or not.
http://ladatuning.5mp.eu/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:25 pm 
Thanx, mate, I'll try to get in touch with him. Does he speak Engilsh? Since he lives in Ucraine I guess I could try to write him in Russian but without Russian keybord writing in Russian is a hell of a work that could be given as punishment to naughty childeren:) Paste=> Symbol=>Cyrlic...

Regards,
kowal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:20 pm 
Hy,the price of the set 60,000 forints and post expense.I hope for it his price did not increase.
The content of the set: 2 disk,2 calipers and 4 brake pads.

Ha valamit nem jól írtam,akkor legyetek szívesek és segítsetek ki. :oops: Előre is kösz.

Last edited by Robert on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:37 pm 
And do you happen to know what's the producer of the discs and pads included in the set is?

Regards,
kowal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:07 pm 
Master Sport

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:40 pm 
Have a couple of those on a shelf in my basement:) Have no idea how they perform but at least - as all Master-Sport parts - are cheap. The problem - at least in Poland - is that many of the parts from Master Sport 'Russian Collection' are not on stock. Especially the high performance parts. It took me weeks to get a Master-Sport employee to check their stock, give me the prices and finaly put the order through. In normal Lada parts shops M-S parts are not avalible at all since they order the cheapest stuff possible, which usually means either some garage-made Polish/Ucrainian stuff or Fenox made in Russia. And the quality of those is really poor.

Regards,
kowal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:46 pm 
Tyű,Pavel légyszi segíts ki megint.Kicsit tömör ez így nekem.

Szerk:megoldottam. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:35 am 
Fórum tag

guys I have a problem,
I've mounted MS discs for 2101 and there is fucking problem. The centering hole is larger then a hub.
Here is the photo:

The disc is rocking 2 mm up and down and it's not centered properly. It's even hitting caliper. Do you know is this a problem of all MS Sport discs for classic Lada? I'm really pissed off and I'm thinking what to do about it